Freshman seminars let you…
• explore a stimulating topic with outstanding faculty in a small group setting.
• gain an introduction to the culture of the university.
• get to know a professor noted for original research and commitment to teaching.
• learn about ways to do research within your field of study in a supportive and congenial atmosphere.
• form habits of inquiry and expression that will serve you through your academic career and beyond.
Seminars are offered in a wide range of disciplines with topics varying for fall, winter, and spring quarters. Freshman seminars are normally taken for a letter grade, though students may choose the pass/not pass option. Seminars may be repeated up to two times so long as the subjects vary. Students may add or drop a freshman seminar up until the end of the second week of classes.