Freshman seminars let you…
• explore a stimulating topic with outstanding faculty in a small group setting.
• gain an introduction to the culture of the university.
• get to know a professor noted for original research and commitment to teaching.
• learn about ways to do research within your field of study in a supportive and congenial atmosphere.
• form habits of inquiry and expression that will serve you throughout your academic career and beyond.
Seminars are offered in a wide range of disciplines with topics varying for fall, winter, and spring quarters. Seminars may be repeated up to three times so long as the subjects vary. Students may add or drop a freshman seminar up until the end of the second week of classes.